Do I need a CO2 tank for a small planted aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SadSoyBeans

Aquarium Advice Freak
So im looking into getting a 10 gallon (or a 5 gallon tank maybe) aquarium that will be planted. Will I need a CO2 tank, regulator, and all the other stuff to have the plants be successful? On my other tank i just have the fake plants and the fish seem to like them.

It really depends on the amount of light and the plants involved. Generally speaking, the lower the light, the less need for CO2. However, it must be enough light for proper photosynthesis.
Some plants do well in lower lights. Crypts are an example. They come in a variety of sizes and coloration. They are heavy root feeders. Mosses, Java Fern, and Anubias are other low light plants you should consider. These don't have to be planted in substrate.

It really depends on the amount of light and the plants involved. Generally speaking, the lower the light, the less need for CO2. However, it must be enough light for proper photosynthesis.
Some plants do well in lower lights. Crypts are an example. They come in a variety of sizes and coloration. They are heavy root feeders. Mosses, Java Fern, and Anubias are other low light plants you should consider. These don't have to be planted in substrate.
Okay thanks

Back
Top Bottom