do i need c02 injection with a dual t5 light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
my tank is 60 gallon 48x13 and two feet deep top to bottom. I have a chance to purchase a dual t5ho light with one white bulb and one what i was told a rosette bulb. do i need c02 injection if i get this light? java moss, java fern, anubias, amazon swords.

On that tall of a tank, no co2 injection needed with that light. It may be a good idea to dose SOME ferts, but the majority of the plants you have are slow-growing so not much would be needed.

On that tall of a tank, no co2 injection needed with that light. It may be a good idea to dose SOME ferts, but the majority of the plants you have are slow-growing so not much would be needed.

thanks. i do dose with seachem flourish comprehensive as well as seachem root tabs for the swords. i also use liquid c02 booster.my java moss is having some problems so i am looking to upgrade my lighting.

if your java moss is having problem then something is wrong. java moss is very hardy and and IME will not die under normal circumstances. it will even thrive in low lighting

if your java moss is having problem then something is wrong. java moss is very hardy and and IME will not die under normal circumstances. it will even thrive in low lighting

well that is what i have postulated based on my research, but i cannot figure out what the problem is. my ammo and nitrite is 0, nitrate is around 20 or it gets that high right before my weekly pwc of 50%.

i forgot to mention that i do have some moss in the same tank that is attached to my big piece of driftwood that is a quarter of the way up that is doing well. the clump i had threaded to rocks on the bottom is not doing well.

Back
Top Bottom