Do i need to use root tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a bunch of anacharis today and stuck it in my tank. I have PFS as substrate and have heard that rooted plants need root tabs in sand. I am useing API leaf zone right now and dosing once a week. Will that be fine? Or should i get root tabs. I am also not running co2. Thanks

I don't think u do I have anarchis in pool filter sand no co2 or root tabs for them and they grow fine

I don't think u do I have anarchis in pool filter sand no co2 or root tabs for them and they grow fine

Ok thanks, how about amazon swords? Would they work? Heres my lighting- 17W 75000 T8 made by aqueon. (they are kinda crappy i know)

The will grow in anything including lower light. You can even leave it floating and it will do just fine. Super easy plant as long as you aren't dosing any type of glut, or liquid carbon.

The will grow in anything including lower light. You can even leave it floating and it will do just fine. Super easy plant as long as you aren't dosing any type of glut, or liquid carbon.

Glut? Are you talking about amazon swords? If so than yay!

That's a low light level so you can grow anacharis although it wont be the most vigourous growth. Amazon swords should also grow under that light albeit slowly. The amazon sword is what will need the root tabs.

Glut refers to glutaraldehyde which is sold as Excel. It is a carbon supplement for tanks which will help plants grow faster by providing a substitute to CO2.

I would not use the API leaf zone. Use seachem comprehinsive instead, this is more of an all around fertilizer. The leafzone is more for iron and potassium I believe.

That's a low light level so you can grow anacharis although it wont be the most vigourous growth. Amazon swords should also grow under that light albeit slowly. The amazon sword is what will need the root tabs.

Glut refers to glutaraldehyde which is sold as Excel. It is a carbon supplement for tanks which will help plants grow faster by providing a substitute to CO2.

Ok so how often do you put them in?

Back
Top Bottom