do you have a thread/hair algae problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ringfinger

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just picked up 3 black mollies on a "loan" from my LFS. Those guys are hard workers! I bet all the algae is gone in a week. Just thought I would share because I'm so happy to find something that works.

they're on loan????? i have never heard of such a thing! that's a pretty amazing lfs. and i'm not being facetious at all! i mean no lfs in manhattan would lend you a fish :):) that is really cool! but how come you don't want to keep them? or get some saes. i can't get over an lfs that loans out algae eaters. wow!

that is SO cool! i can just see asking a question like that at MY lfs and getting laughed all the way to utah!

but then i could get your friend to lend me some mollies ;) too cool!

hope they work out well for you. i would totally try saes to control thread algae and bba too--they are quite awesome!

Female guppies do the trick as well :)
I have 3 in my 30 gal, and when thread algae grows too long, I jank out most of the stuff, and the female guppies eat the rest! I didn't even know that untill I noticed myself. Not only are the usefull to produce live foods for my killie, they're also good for algae control! 8)

Back
Top Bottom