do you trim plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramrebel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a plant - don't know it's name (maybe Steve) - that has just one large leaf at the end of the stem. it's about to grow out of the tank, vertically. Do I trim it? Will it take care of itself?

Ed

no pic yet - working on that technology

I wasn't clear - each stem, of which there are many (8-9) has one leaf on it at the end
the leaf kind of looks like the end of a squid tentacle

Steve is the name for everything - I've had three fish (in the same tank) named Steve - it's a good name (even tho it's not my own)

I wasn't clear - each stem, of which there are many (8-9) has one leaf on it at the end
the leaf kind of looks like the end of a squid tentacle

I cannot for the life of me figure out what kind of plant this is. I'd be glad to help, but we really need a pic or species name.

Squidlike tentacles huh. It sounds like it might be a flesh eating alien plant. I recommend keeping your hand out of the tank for now 8O

(Little shop, little shop of horrors...)

just a regular leaf - SHAPED like a tantacle
normal looking - non-water plant leaf

is there a gallery o' plants i can peruse

maybe Steve is wrong, i guess Audrey II is more accurate

i think it's a anubias of sorts - it's about to grow out of the top of my 20G
can it do that?

so, the bottom line is - can I trim the plant, it's about to grow out of the top of the water

if so, how?

It's alos getting all kinds of new stems (or is it chutes/shoots?) - can i pull them apart and replant them in another section of the tank?

Back
Top Bottom