Double-checking my new fert regime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 2x1x1 planted recently got an upgrade from low-light (1.2wpg) to 3.2wpg using T5s. Also added CO2.

I just wanted to check my new fert regime is okay.

I added 9 new threadfin rainbows last week and a bucket load of new plants. It's been a while since I tested my tank and I thought I'd better see things were still in check since I had increased the bioload. Also noticed my new pigmy swords were on the yellow side.

Nitrate had bottomed out to 0ppm. (Did the test twice to confirm). Probably explains the yellow pigmy swords! I guess I'm not surprised. My tap water has 0 nitrates and with only 4 small fish prior to adding the threadfins, the bioload was quite small.

So I decided to re-jig my fertz, given that my low-light regime is inadequate.

New Regime:
Nitrate: Enough KNO3 to bring the Nitrate to 20ppm,
Potassium: 10ppm of K,
Phosphates: 2ppm of KH2PO4, on the basis that 20ppm Nitrate:2ppm of Phosphates.
Seachem Comprehensive for trace elements.

Just wanted to post it to see if anyone notices I'm missing anything obvious. I figure if I aim to maintain all these levels, by testing twice weekly and adjusting accordingly, that's a good start.

However, happy to receive advice.

I'd aim to dose 20ppm Potassium each week and enough Flourish Comprehensive to does 0.1-0.2ppm Iron, but other than that your targets look good.

Back
Top Bottom