Double ferts strength?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallyjano

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any reason I can't double the fert quantity when I mix with water in order to double the concentration so I don't have to mix so often??

I have pps pro

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mix 1 liter of the mix at a time and freeze what you don't need. 1 liter should last you a long long time in pps pro dosing.

As for doubling the strength, I would skip that. Only soo much of the ferts can be dissolved in the water at one time.

Mix 1 liter of the mix at a time and freeze what you don't need. 1 liter should last you a long long time in pps pro dosing.

As for doubling the strength, I would skip that. Only soo much of the ferts can be dissolved in the water at one time.

Ok great thanks mebbid!

True story, when in add a little extra phosphate and potassium there is un dissolved particles in the dosing bottle for a few days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also, don't mix the potassium nitrate in with the rest. Only add that if your nitrates are reading too low.

Also, don't mix the potassium nitrate in with the rest. Only add that if your nitrates are reading too low.

Yes I have read that but my nitrates are always low so I just add it. I sadly lost most of my fish last week due to a heater that broke while I was on vacation and the house was cold as the heating was off. Boo hoo. So with a low fish count I think my plants need the nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom