Double the fixtures = double the par?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJPO

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hat a thing? If I were to have double of the same lighting fixture on a tank, would the PAR or general lighting intensity be greater? Would you be able to grow plants that require more light? Hoping someone experienced can answer! Thank you so much.

I would say generally speaking yes. But of course there are some factors to consider such as the type of lighting you'll be using, it's spread or focused beam, depth of the tank, and the width and how far apart the fixtures are. But I did a similar experiment when I used to Current Satellite LED+ fixtures over my 17 gallon tank. When those fixtures first came out, everyone would be quick to dismiss them as nothing more than a low-light fixture on most tanks. While this may be true for a single fixture, I effectively surprised a lot of folks when I doubled up on them and grew every high-light demanding plant I threw at them. And because my tank wasn't that tall, nor was it that deep, the overlapping in light coverage from the two light fixtures was pretty even and consistent. Therefore I would have to conclude I doubled or nearly doubled my PAR (assuming of course, without a PAR meter).

I'd say so as well. Assuming the same light fixture so spectrum is the same.

I kind of do that with initially a quad t5ho, then added a LED strip light of medium quality. That got better light at substrate but then had to add a second CO2 reactor on other side of tank.

Hi...Where the light covers will be all the more yet won't ever be actually twofold becuase of distance/spread and so forth except if you taking an estimation precisely between the two apparatuses.
In the event that your discussing LEDs even only a couple inches can mean huge misfortune relying upon where in the middle of the two apparatuses you take the estimation it very well may be not exactly twofold.

Notwithstanding, on the off chance that you pick a measure point, get an incentive from apparatus an at that position and an incentive from installation B at that point measure both light it will be equivalent to A+B.

You can without much of a stretch test this yourself with a PAR or a LUX meter since you truly just need to realize the force change.

I doubled my Current light and found it really made a difference - though I can't measure the par.
I'm looking to change to a fluval led. maybe.

Hi...Where the light covers will be all the more yet won't ever be actually twofold becuase of distance/spread and so forth except if you taking an estimation precisely between the two apparatuses.
In the event that your discussing LEDs even only a couple inches can mean huge misfortune relying upon where in the middle of the two apparatuses you take the estimation it very well may be not exactly twofold.

Notwithstanding, on the off chance that you pick a measure point, get an incentive from apparatus an at that position and an incentive from installation B at that point measure both light it will be equivalent to A+B.

You can without much of a stretch test this yourself with a PAR or a LUX meter since you truly just need to realize the force change.
Science!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom