Downoi with a brown leaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Each and every one of my downoi plants has a single brown leaf of it. While I have them broken up to where each plant has four or five leaves, they were going strong for a month, then I started noticing one brown leaf on each plant with the others still being green. Both tanks have the same result.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

10g
uploadfromtaptalk1402482296171.jpg

29g
uploadfromtaptalk1402482296171.jpg

10g is gravel with soil under and gets API Leaf Zone every few days. 29g is sand with soil under and gets Aqueon's Aquarium Food (they really worked hard on the name) every other day. Both gets Seachem Flourish occasionally.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402482680603.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402482680603.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 53
Ok. That's progress. I never expected new growth to look dead, or even for it to turn dead after some time.

Are you using root tabs under them? Crypts are heavy root feeders meaning they obtain a large percentage of the nutrients they need from the substrate. Gravel is not rich in nutrients, so therefore root tabs need to be used.

As previous people have mentioned, it may just be new growth

This is what Downoi looks likeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402895404.348823.jpg
Note that this isn't my tank; although, I wish it was ?

About two inches tall or so?

It will stay low in high light as it doesnt need to go searching for it. In lower light it will grow taller but look pretty similar

That looks similar to what I have. Unless it was labeled wrong in the package, the scientific name of it came up as a downoi when I googled it.

While I'm thinking of it, what's the scale of your pic? I used to have a "fuzz grass" but the leaves on it wasn't but a sixteenth of an inch long. Not sure what it was though.

Back
Top Bottom