Drop checker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on the device. 15min to an hour depending on design.

Out of curiosity, whats the solution thats in there? It looks really dark.

Use a 4 dkh solution and pH drops. The co2 solutions they come with are almost always garbage.

aqua_chem how do you personally measure out your 4 dkh? I've heard of it being done a few different ways.

I bought mine awhile back from another hobbyist. That being said, you can make your own really easy if you have access to a scale by weighing it out, and a little less easily but still doable if you just have the KH test kit.

Austin.b said:
Im not too sure, it came withthe drop checker. It says to add 5 drops and then add some aquarium water.

Yes I just bought a drop checker with the same solution. It didn't work. So I bought some 4dkh of ebay and used ph test solution like aqua chem said and it works beautifully! Aqua chem knows his stuff!

pleechford said:
Yes I just bought a drop checker with the same solution. It didn't work. So I bought some 4dkh of ebay and used ph test solution like aqua chem said and it works beautifully! Aqua chem knows his stuff!

I bought some off eBay too lol is your from someone in Florida? LOL and pH test solution like the one in the API master test kit? Also, my ph is pretty high in my tanks so do I add the high range pH solution in stead? If so how many drops?

Yeah I got the stuff from the guy from Florida. It works great too! And I would use regular low oh solution still. With dosing the correct amount of co2 your ph should go down.

pleechford said:
Yeah I got the stuff from the guy from Florida. It works great too! And I would use regular low oh solution still. With dosing the correct amount of co2 your ph should go down.

Nice! We got the same solution lol. How many drops of low range Ph solution do i add and how many drops of 4DKH solution do I add? Oh, and how much aquarium water?

Okay I put 5 drops of ph solution, and filled the bell half full with 4dkh. Do not put any aquarium water in there. It will mess it up. Only ph solution and 4dkh solution. :)

First time I added that solution to my 4 dKH water, it turned green right away.... Dunno what that stuffs supposed to do, but it sure doesn't do it well.

Yeah same here. The ph solution and 4dkh turned a dark blue on me then now it's nice an green :)

as in ph drops i just have the regular ph test that came in the api masters kit. the one with the blue writing. is that one fine because someone said here low range ph test solution?

Back
Top Bottom