Dry fertz question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

himdie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I got ne the pps pro and so far im wondering what I need to dose ive read up on a bunch of things but I want to be sure so here goes I have a 40g tank with dual bulb t5ho lighting at 39 watts a bulb ph is 7.5 amm at 0 nitrites at 0 nitrates at about > 20. Kh at 4 gh at 10 and then for fish ive got 3gbr 4 otto 7 julii cory 9 neon tetras and 4 amano shrimp for plants ive got a bunch of micro sword ive been trying to carpet 3 amazin sword 1 bronze crypt and some other mystery plants I do have root tabs under the root feeders and everything is going great so far =]

Soz for the long post just trying to get all the random information ive gotten from the web sorted ^^ from what I understand nitrates can be dosed seperate as well as magnesium depending on hardness and whatnot

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And I dint even post a question bleh what I was wondering was how much to add? Or to add everything even if my water already has it?

I would dose PPS-Pro as prescribed (1 mL/10 gallons) and test frequently. If you have mixed the nitrates in a separate container then you can omit dosing that if the nitrates start to climb. I started with 10 ppm nitrates prior to dosing and after a few weeks of dosing (including nitrates) the nitrates increased to 40-80 or more. I discontinued nitrate dosing and it is staying in the 10-20 ppm range.

Ok sounds good will adding any of the other ones mess with my ph and whatnot? Or should I not worry about it also I havent dosed as of uet because I need a scale to measure the fertz

I use di water at 3 parts di to 1 part tap since my tap water is super hard( comes from a lake up in some hills)

You need to measure your kh and gh. If the tank water is at least 4 for each then you have enough magnesium and calcium for a planted tank.

Thanks a ton rivercats I do im at 4 kh and 10 gh

Now I just need a phosphate test

So from what ive understood I use fertz after every weekly water change or when theyve been used up right?

Pps pro is a daily dosing. It is addi.g just enough nutrients into the water for the plants to consume in a single day.

Ok thanks sorry I forgot about that >< I did read the instructions! Just forget sometimes, ok ive got all pretty much everything I should know dose daily and i read some of the threads that are stickied on here so I think ive got at what rate the fertz should be at for everything else ill just have to find out since every tank is diff. See how everything reacts to what I do and etc.

Back
Top Bottom