Duckweed??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this duckweed? It seems to only happen when i have dwarf sag in the tank???

Attachments

• image-271853135.jpg
    image-271853135.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 93
It does look like duckweed. However, dwarf sag really has nothing to do with it unless the duckweed hitch hiked on it.

That doesn't make any sense. 4 out of the 10 tanks I have are planted with Dwarf Sag among other plants. However, the ones with the Sag all have that at the top of the tank. The ones without it have none of what appears to be Duckweed floating. Super odd....

That doesn't make any sense. 4 out of the 10 tanks I have are planted with Dwarf Sag among other plants. However, the ones with the Sag all have that at the top of the tank. The ones without it have none of what appears to be Duckweed floating. Super odd....

Maybe the place you get your dwarf sag had them in a tank full of duckweed. Did you notice the duckweed when you first put in the dwarf sag?

Duckweed and dwarf sag really have no relation unless there were a couple pieces of duckweed on the dwarf sag when you got it - which is very likely. It is very easy for a piece or two to go unnoticed and then explode over the whole tank.

Duckweed and dwarf sag really have no relation unless there were a couple pieces of duckweed on the dwarf sag when you got it - which is very likely. It is very easy for a piece or two to go unnoticed and then explode over the whole tank.

+1. That can easily happen. I've seen that happen to other people's tanks before.

But I inspect every piece of plant that goes in all my tanks. I would have noticed it.

Back
Top Bottom