Duckweed Disappearing! HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busterrox

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405699489.504564.jpg
Hi I recently introduced duckweed into my 10 gallon aquarium inside the aquarium I have:

-1 dwarf gournami
-1 neon tetra getting more
-2 lace catfish
- no snails or shrimp but I'm going to be getting some ghost shrimp

Over night my duckweed seems to be Disappearing
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405699179.470155.jpg
that square was half full know that's all that is left.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405699257.314892.jpg
I am starting to see some entangled by my catfishes favorite spot to stay. Please help and if you see some solution please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any ideas

All I can think (because of my experience with dwarf hg) is either it was ate.. Or some in the filter. I'm not sure though! That's the only possibilities I can think of

I found it doesn't like high water flow and the fish were eating the roots, then the centre out of them. Grr, I had I hopes too since it's meant to be quick growing.

I find that duckweed multiplies super fast with zero care when grown outdoors under direct sunlight. However I find them to be messy aquarium plants because they shed a lot of root-like filaments even when healthy (growing like wildfire).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It might be in your filter or was eaten. Thats all I can think of atm.
Sorry I couldn't be of much help!

Your gourami ate them most likely!
I have a 10g with duckweed also, and it grows so fast I have to net some out every week so it doesn't clog the filter. In that tank I only have nano fish like endlers and CPDs. But whenever I add some of the duckweed to my larger tank which has rainbows in it, it gets eaten within minutes.

Back
Top Bottom