Dustin's Fishtanks Sale yesterday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I finally purchased some more plants for my tank. I bought the beginner set-up from dustins fishtanks. I'm a long time viewer of his videos and yesterday he had a sale for 50% off. Here's what I'll be getting for 31.49 (included shipping).

10 Stems of Jungle Val
5 Stems of Dwarf Sag
5 Stems of Rotalla
5 Leaves on a Java Fern
1 Anubias with over 5 leaves
And… the most valuable part…
Dustin’s Dirted Tank Questions guide. (10 pages of dirt questions and answer)
..and a few FishtankTV stickers.

Really wanted some anubias and Jungle val so it seemed like a good idea.

Aside from supporting someone I like watching, do you think it was a good purchase? I checked a couple other retailers and I couldnt get the same amount of stuff for under $30 even without shipping.

To see where these will go check out my tank build.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/kidfish-29g-the-mobile-tank-327478-2.html#post3134242

Have a great day guys. If you're in the midwest stay warm we are nearly through!

Yeah that's a good deal.
With the jungle Val be careful they're prone to melting with liquid carbon addictives but you'll need to dose some form of co2 for the plants either way so I suggest a diy co2 rig.

I've looked at those and heard they didn't work very well, what's your experience?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Cheap and not permanent but effective but not as effective as a pressurized setup.

I have two rigs going, as long as you have a check valve, bubble counter and your reactor rig you're fine. The most annoying thing is leaks. I re-silicone each one every 4 months.

For diffusion I have one with a bamboo chopstick which is simple but not completely effective. Or you can run it into the intake on your filter.

Cheap and not permanent but effective but not as effective as a pressurized setup.

I have two rigs going, as long as you have a check valve, bubble counter and your reactor rig you're fine. The most annoying thing is leaks. I re-silicone each one every 4 months.

For diffusion I have one with a bamboo chopstick which is simple but not completely effective. Or you can run it into the intake on your filter.

Dustin has great advice I have watched all 880 something of his videos and it has really helped my planted tank!! All his prices are good too..

Rockyofhockey _/.\_

Back
Top Bottom