dwarf baby tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr3ww3rd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok so this is in a 5.5 gallon tank. I have two bags of Aqua soil amazonia and a 27W power compact 6500K light on the way. So my question is could I just use excel or diy co2 to grow this? Could I grow it immersed until it almost carpets and from then on out just add excel to keep it alive? Does this plant have to have Co2 to survive or just to carpet out because I have seen many people grow it immersed to get it to carpet faster?

I bought some hc Cuba from a website and put it in a one gallon with a fifteen watt cfl with eco complete substrate. I just use water from my goldfish tank for the ammonia. It is surviving with no nutrients other than that, only that I have a lot of algae and the new baby dwarf tears floats up and is really hard to pin down. Hope this helps some

I kept it in a 5.5 and it grew fine with excel but I got better results using both co2 and excel. if you grow it emersed it will benifit more to use both through the transition to avoid major die off.

I was successfully growing Dwarf Baby Tears in my BioCUBE 14 with the stock actinic and 10,000 K bulbs, Flourite substrate and no fertilizers or CO2
The only reason it isn't still there is that the shallow roots couldn't stand up to the rooting of the Corydoras and Siamese Algae Eater

Back
Top Bottom