Dwarf baby tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbueno

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im planting theae guys and wondered how I vacuum my gravel with them?
Do I just run the vacuum over them our do I have to up root them to clean up the gravel?
I am using caribsea eco-complete gravel/soil

Hi. The short answer is you don't. At least not until it gets well rooted in, but even then you risk uprooting them. You can try waving your hand above it a bit to 'dust' it off with a little current, but that's about it. You definitely don't want to uproot them, plants don't like to be disturbed.

Thanks...once they become well rooted I can vacuum?
i just hate to lose fish bc I wasnt able to clean properly...i have 8 rainbows who are known for being little pigs and they poop constantly...

Doing vacuums in a planted tank is different than in a non-planted tank. With the syphon, just do what Jeta said and disturb the "dust" or mulm that is not too hard to get. Never do the "core samples" like we used to do in non-planted tanks.

Ok thanks ill do that im n the middle of taking sand out of another tank and will put down the new gravel, caribsea eco-complete, is there a certain way to add the new gravel?

I was thinking of hanging the gravel in my large net at the surface of the tank to let get a boi-load before I put it staight down.

Back
Top Bottom