Dwarf hair grass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this plant hard to grow? And once it does start growing does it spread all over on its own?

It's not a very easy plant honestly. it needs strong light, good fertilization, and carbon supplementation to grow properly. If your tank has all that it needs though it should spread very well along the substrate all on its own.

Okay cool I'm using the light that came with mine it's flpuresent lighting of some sort it's growing amazon swoards pretty well I just need to buy a c02 thing

Okay cool I'm using the light that came with mine it's flpuresent lighting of some sort it's growing amazon swoards pretty well I just need to buy a c02 thing

Just because it grows amazon swords it doesn't mean its good enough for DHG.

Stock lighting is normally very low light and DHG will not grow. There is also no need to use CO2 in a low light tank. If in the future you decide to upgrade you lighting then it might warrant purchasing CO2.

Suitable plants for low lighting would be Anubia, Java Fern, and Bolbitus for attaching to rocks and DW along with Crypts, Water Sprite, and Jungle Val for planting. Amazon Swords and Crypts need root tabs.

Nice I got mine lie 2 weeks ago and doesn't have anything like that, only grew 3 new leafs !

I haven't used a roottab and my lighting is stock honestly I have am new to this and was just trying stuff out and everything is going nice

Yes I started to add root tabs and it grew leafs very quickly also leaf zone keeps the leafs green

That's a runner nice! Once it grows some roots u can cut it off and plant it to grow another Amazon sword! =]

One more thing that Ive found with DHG is that if you have moderately sized snails, or fish that like to root around in the substrate like Corys, there's a high possibility that they will be uprooted before they can get a decent enough root system to hold themselves down.

Back
Top Bottom