Dwarf hairgrass question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I setup a new tank today that has a big dwarf hairgrass carpet and I believe that it was grown emersed. So I was just wondering if it will heavely melt or if it might just stop growing for awhile. I have injected co2 at 2 bubbles per second and of corse the new fugeray planted+ which is awesome will do review soon. It is a 20 long
Here is a pic and you can really tell how bad it would look if it all melted.

Attachments

• image-1064795468.jpg
    image-1064795468.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 94
Lots of things can affect how plants melt. When I first planted dwarf hairgrass in my tank, it didn't melt much. It seemed to sit there for a week and then once it was adjusted, it started sending out runners. Since you have good lighting and co2, you will probably have minimal melting. However, melting is also affected by fert dosing. Are you dosing ferts at all? If so, what kind(s)?

Flourish Trace- 2 times a week
Flourish Phosphorous- 2 times a week
Easy-life Potassium- weekly
Flourish Iron- about every three weeks (but that may change as I have never used iron additive in my aquarium)

Flourish Trace- 2 times a week
Flourish Phosphorous- 2 times a week
Easy-life Potassium- weekly
Flourish Iron- about every three weeks (but that may change as I have never used iron additive in my aquarium)

Do you have any livestock in there? Livestock would create a bioload, which would increase nitrate levels in the tank. Nitrate is a form of nitrogen, which is also commonly dosed in planted tanks.

The only thing in there right now are 8 ghost shrimp but I put three that died in the filter to help the cycle. The tank has only been setup for a week so I'm going to wait on fish

Back
Top Bottom