Dwarf Sag question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigQFan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all. I have a dirted tank that I planted some dwarf sag in about a year ago. For the first 6 mos. or so it was shooting out runners and growing like crazy, then all of a sudden it stopped. It's not dead(I don't think), it's still a nice green color, I just want more.
Can I cut off the plants at the end and replant them in the hopes that it will take off again?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hello all. I have a dirted tank that I planted some dwarf sag in about a year ago. For the first 6 mos. or so it was shooting out runners and growing like crazy, then all of a sudden it stopped. It's not dead(I don't think), it's still a nice green color, I just want more.

Thanks in advance

Can I cut off the plants at the end and replant them in the hopes that it will take off again?

I have done this to fill in other areas,the individual plantlet's also sent out runners once established..hope this helps

This plant works almost the same way as vallisneria in terms of propagation. Cut and replant is what you do!

Sent per three-eyed raven...

Thanks a lot for the advixe

Add some root tabs. I found that it encourages more growth. It has taken over my tanks after doing that.

Back
Top Bottom