Easy Co2 System For a 55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobluewolverines4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, the holidays are coming up, and I am hoping I can get a Co2 System for my 55 Gallon. I've been looking on amazon, my lfs has one, and have talked about them to a couple of people. I really want one, and wanna grow great plants. However, the systems on Amazon frighten me. They seem complex, expensive, and just don't seem like they would work out. I have heard about the Milwaukee system for only $90, but it still looks complex and out of my league. So I began looking for the easier systems, where you just hook it up and buy refill cartridges, however they are all for small tanks and wouldn't work well with my 55, and on top of all that, they didn't get very good reviews.

So what can I do?

DIY even seems out of my league. :(

Help? :hide:

It only seems hard because it's new to you. They aren't all that complicated. When you have the parts it starts to make sense. Good news is you have plenty of time before Christmas to watch YouTube videos inserting up a co2 system. You can get everything on amazon but I'd get the tank locally if possible. At the place where they refill tanks. Google helps with that.

If you're convinced that you can't do it you'll most likely be right. If you're convinced you can do it, just like the rest of us, you'll figure it out easier than you think. If you're afraid to try you can just order some Excell or glute to substitute for real co2 until you learn more about pressurized setups. It isn't quite the same, but it's a viable alternative. Not a thing wrong with either choice.

Back
Top Bottom