Easy plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danielfishlover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,just wondering if anyone could recomend a plant that is super easy to keep, low light, and can be planted in that fake colorful gravel.

Java moss (if you don't bury the rhizome). It's pretty much indestructible. Anubias if the rhizome isn't buried, as well. Water wisteria is another good one, as is java moss.

Java moss (if you don't bury the rhizome). It's pretty much indestructible. Anubias if the rhizome isn't buried, as well. Water wisteria is another good one, as is java moss.

I think DreaminginBlue is referring to Java Fern in the first sentence. For me, and many others, it is indeed an indestructible plant! All varieties have the same hardiness.

Most Crypts are pretty hardy, especially the wendtii varieties. Microsorum (on driftwood or porous rock), Anubias (on driftwood or porous rock), most Echinodorus (if provided with root tabs--Crypts need them as well), Bucephalandra (on driftwood or porous rock), Dwarf Sag, any Vallisneria, and many mosses will be good additions for low light tanks.

Yes, I was. Oops. I think I've proven to myself I shouldn't attempt to communicate late at night when I'm exhausted. :lol:
For all the mentioned plants you would bury the roots, with the exception of java fern and anubias. Those can be tied to decorations, wood, or rocks with clear fishing line instead of buried.

Back
Top Bottom