eBay amazon swords

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought what I thought was one amazon sword off of eBay. Come to find out it was what I thought was three swords. The bottoms of each was wrapped in foam a weight. I unwrapped one and it wnded up being several plants wrapped together, but it was like one stem and leaf here,2-3 leaves and stems on another plant. I rewrapped them all together and just planted the three bundles with the foam and weight. They’re already growing new leaves from the bottom but will I need to divide these into 20 different plants or let them form 3 big plants. The leaves that came on the plants are also emerged growth not submerged. The only part I’d hate about pulling them up is I put root tabs close to them about a week ago

Attachments

• 0A9EBD1F-AA20-4742-B6C2-D89A4D4E0026.jpg
    0A9EBD1F-AA20-4742-B6C2-D89A4D4E0026.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 70
You should split them up when planting. This gives each plant its own area to grow in. They will be fighting over the same area for nutrients when grouped. Also grouping them will cause them to be rooted together making it tougher to remove only one or 2 plants later down the road as I'm sure you will.

I’m probably gonna split them up next water change because just in a weeks time they’ve already sprouting new leaves. The only thing is I really don’t want 10-15 different amazon swords in the tank cause I know one by itself will probably take over the tank lol.

Back
Top Bottom