eco complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, I got a 29 gallon tank moderalty planted, stock everything. I was wondering if Eco complete would be any good for me? all I add to my tank is florapride. the only thing is I don't wanna replace all the gravel withj Eco complete, I would liek to cover it up with some of my brown gravel. would that be ok? I guess my biggest concern is if it would do any noticable results? healthier, taller? faster growing? thanks everyone!

As long as the plants are growing well, I wouldn't bother messing with the substrate. Maybe add some root tabs, but that's about it. While Eco Complete would probably benefit the plants, it doesn't seem worth it since you obviously don't like the look.

I have read that you need at least 50% Eco Complete to benefit the plants. It's pretty expensive, so like Purrbox said, if you don't like the look of Eco Complete and would rather keep your gravel, then save yourself the money and trouble of switching substrates and use some root tabs for extra plant fertilization.

I would replace it all, just change out 1/3 each week so you don't go thru a mini-cycle. If you don't replace it all the eco-complete will end up buried under your present gravel because it is most likely very fine in comparison. I've changed gravel this way without a problem. Make a divider out of anything plastic an section off 1/3, use a fish net to remove the old gravel (remove very slowly) and add the eco-complete. Leave the divider up to avoid mixing gravels. The next week remove the center 1/3 of old gravel, move the divider over and add eco-complete. Then do the last 1/3 a week later. I did it on my 75 and it was a snap.

Back
Top Bottom