Eco complete, and waste removal....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dtezz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 745 gallon tank with a mixture of eco-complete and flourite. Eco complete breaks down the fish waste, and into food for the plants. I have 5 discus in the tank, about 3- 3-5 inches. How much fish waste should i concentrate on removing? I don't want to pull all of the fine granules of econ complete and flourite out of the tank. Thanks or the advice......:)

I don't like to vacuum my substrate at all unless I want to stir it about every so often just to prevent gas pockets. Mostly I just skim the surface.

Agreed, especially if the tank is planted I wouldn't gravel vac it. You can skim it, like chizer mentioned, but I wouldn't dig into it.

Im sure they meant 75g. a 745g with only a handful of discus is a crime lol

I dont vacuum my gravel in any of my planted tanks, i do stir up a bit or move the wood around to kick up all the stuff under it and it gets sucked down the filter then into the house sump pump.

I saw a fish tank before where some kid was snorkeling inside and had to clean it every week. It was a reef tank too.

nice! Need to convince my wife I need a tank that big.

As for gravel vac'ing, I agree with the others... I don't ever really push the vac down into the gravel in a planted tank. I just stir up the top little bits to get them out.

Back
Top Bottom