Eco-Complete is a great substrate!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdl76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to let all the people debaiting on what substrate to buy what I think. I set up 2 tanks. One with Eco-Complete and 1 with Florite... Florite sucks... bottom line. Its cloudy has hell and I know when I go to move something like my drift wood, Ill get this nice cloud of mud again. Eco-Complete only got a little cloudy and settled in less than 1 day. Yah I know, people say "well just wash the substrate". You should not have to wash a 22 dollar a bag substrate. Thats a lot to pay for a bag of dirt and if it needs to be washed its not worth it. GET ECO-COMPLETE.. ITS THE BEST!!!!

Eco-Complete is the way to go, especially if you're starting a new tank. Yes, its exspnesive, but once you have it you'll never look back. I think you could throw an old shoe into it and it would grow. I just wish i had it in my first tank!

I've run a tank with 100% eco complete for over 2 years. No MTS. No gas ever built up.

Unnecessary.

Flourite needs to be rinsed. It'll still cloud, but if you try to put it in unrinsed, it'll be so thickly clouded you can cut through it with a knife.

I agree. I set up my 55 gal with Eco and despite all my other issues getting light and CO2 and nutrients balanced, every time I move a plant the root system they've grown in the Eco is amazing. Only downside is the initial $$$, but honestly it's well worth it in the long run.

i just set up my 55g and i used only eco for the substrate, going to do a low light planted tank so hopefully it is well worth the money, and from what i hear it definately is.

Back
Top Bottom