eco complete question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a great price. That cheaper than most sand and gravel.
FWIW, I bought some today from that sale.
Edit: It's also the cheapest price I found online.

I also need need to know how many I should order for a 35 gallon tank 36 inches long 12 inches deep and 24 inches tall

I just paid 23 per bag at a lfs. Sounds like a good deal, what is the shipping though?

It is free on orders over 59$ I need 3 bags? For a total of 2.5 inches deep. That would run me at 50$ then I would find something else to buy for 10$ ;)

I'd buy an extra bag more if you can afford it. It'll open up your possibilities a bit more like: if you want to set up another tank, ended up washing away a lot on accident while rinsing it, want to make some hills or slopes.

I am new to the whole plant thing and I want two know how long eco complete last? How long will it benefit my aquatic plants?

Years.

And I agree with Crepe, get a little extra. You will be able to add some contouring to the substrate that way.

I think I will get it.... will I still use a gravel vac or will this take nutrients from the eco complete? This should have no effect on my water levels?

Yes, you can use a gravel vac... you just won't push it all the way into the substrate like you might with gravel. You will kind of wave it over the top to get stuff off the surface.

What do you mean your water levels?

It could alter pH and hardness a bit, but it won't have a significant impact. Eco doesn't really leach any ammonia, like aquasoil does.

Fort if I remember right you recommend eco complete right? I really want someone to tell me it is worth the 65$

Meh, I dunno. It is expensive...

I have used it in the past. It works well... I use ADA Aquasoil now. It is also expensive, and works well.

I think it helps a planted tank tremendously... but it is by no means a requirement. You can have a brilliant planted tank with regular old aquarium gravel. So I guess it comes down to if you have the money to spend and if it is worth it to you.

In theory I could cut down on my fertilizers if is got eco is the correct. Should I get something other than the eco (are there others out there that will last longer and be better for my plants)?

I like ADA Aquasoil Amazonia with a little powersand... I think it is a little better than eco. It also costs a bit more. You can cut down a little, but if it is a high tech tank you will end up dosing the water column in addition to having nutrient rich substrate.

It is not high tech at all (I have a led reef light a fluval 305 I don't have co2 I do use florish, flourish excel, flourish potassium and iron) now that I think of it would I be better off to get co2 vs new substrate

Back
Top Bottom