Eco Complete vs Flourite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjPotter79

Aquarium Advice Regular
I would like to here everyone's opinion on what and why they would use Eco complete or flourite to help me decide which one to pick for my new tank build

I myself use eco-complete..like the fact that it doesn't cloud & the color(black) as well...my plants do extremely well in this substrate,only adding a root tab or 2 for some swords..here it is in my 10g with no tabs in it..

ForumRunner_20121015_215131.jpg

I realise you can't really see the substrate but you get the point..thinking of using flourite in a 20g long that I've got empty at the moment though..

I have Eco Complete and love it. Put it in, no rinsing needed. Vals are hard to plant in it, but they might be hard to plant in any substrate.

In my 55g planted I actually mixed two 20lbs bags of eco-complete with a 20lbs bag of black flourite and I'm really liking the mix! Plants are growing well.

I use Eco-complete either alone or as a cap for my dirted tanks. Works well for me and I like being able to use it straight from the bag, no rinsing.

You can be successful with either. I have one tank with Flourite and another with Eco-complete and honestly it comes down to looks for me. Get the one that you think you'll like looking at. I prefer the Eco.

I use Floramax which is basically the same as EC but without the bacteria water. Considering the added weight to the bag of EC due to the water, the Floramax comes out to a better pound for pound value (if you don't care about bacteria water).

I use some flourish root tabs with it and I've had phenomenal results.

Back
Top Bottom