ei dosing for a 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryan

Aquarium Advice Freak
on staruday im picking up a couple tubs of potasium sulfate,Mono Potassium Phosphate,Potassium Nitrate could someone get me and EI dosing schedule and would a pound of each be ok to get. thanks

in my 10s i dose just once a week (casue it is so small)

after the pwc i dose 1/4 tsp KNO3, 1/4 tsp K2SO4 and 1/8 tsp KH2PO4

the next day i dose 1/4 CSM+B

I mix solutions for all my ferts since my tanks are all nanos.

KNO3 = 38.8g in 250ml water (1ml = 2.5ppm N in 10gallon & 1.5ppm K in 10 gallon)
K2SO4 = 26.5g in 250ml water (1ml = 1.25ppm K in 10 gallon)
KH2PO4 = 3.4g in 250ml water (1ml = 0.25ppm P in 10 gallon)
CSM+B = 8.8g in 250ml water (1ml = 0.03ppm fe in 10 gallon)

M: 50-75% water change & 12ml K2SO4 (15ppm K)
M-W-F: 6ml KNO3, 6ml KH2PO4 (15ppm N, 9ppm K, 3ppm P)
T-H-Sa: 4ml CSM+B (0.12ppm fe)
Su: Nothing

I used to spread the K2SO4 dosing throughout the week, but I've found that it works better for me to dose it all at once right after the water change with just the KNO3 supplementing K through the rest of the week. I've also found that I've had to increase the P dosing in order to get rid of the GSA (green spot algae). I tweak the amounts as needed as I work towards my desired results.

If you don't have a scale for dosing:

10- 20 Gallon Aquariums
+/- 1/8 tsp KN03 (N) 3x a week
+/- 1/32 tsp KH2P04 (P) 3x a week
+/- 1/32 tsp (2ml) Trace Elements 3x a week
50% weekly water change

That is what I use. Except I only dose trace elements once a week. At 3x per week my shrimp weren't breeding, at 1x a week they started to. Plants just didn't grow as fast.

BTW a pound of ferts will go a loooooooooooong way in a 10g.

I agree totally with Burks in both the quantities of ferts. and also that the amount of each you are buying will last a long time.
I have found that in shrimp tanks I have to be very careful with the trace mix because of the Cu content in it. It will kill shrimp if it's allowed to build up in their environment. That's why the 50%er is so important, but even with that I go lighter in the shrimp tanks than any of my others.

Len

Here is my EI dosing schedule for my 10 gallon tank. I dose dry ferts three times a week. (my micro dosing is Flourish Comprehensive)

KNO3 - smidgen
KH2PO4 - nip
K2SO4 - nip

I used the table Burks posted to get me started, and then adjusted slightly to find the amounts best for my tank. The dash, pinch, smidgen, nip measuring sets look like small teaspoons. I got mine at Linens 'n Things.

Back
Top Bottom