Emersed growth advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not much to see and again forgive the mess, but here's pics of plants before uprooting and pruning.

repensrubin_unknowncrypt_060812.jpg

unknowncrypt_060812.jpg

hydrocotyle_marsellia_060812.jpg

sibthorpoidesandleuccocephala_060812.jpg

Thanks :) It's going alright. I am lowering my standards and not caring about it so much. :) It's a tank I am considering tearing down -- space is a bottle-neck to how far I can go. All the stems I grew emersed above bends over the lid within a few days. The Crypts start pushing against the glass. I still like the tank and concept though.

Right now I'm just storing stuff in it while I trade. Still no animals, still no thought on design and looks.

The cover is mostly emersed Java moss with bits of M. tennerum/Pellia, Christmas moss, and Riccia in it. Here's a piece and if you look close you'll see M. tennerum woven in there. It grows flat against the concrete structure and feels just like turf.
moss_turf.jpg

Clump of emersed Java moss, and Pellia so invasive it is covering some Java fern I was trying emersed. (Still alive, but not doing much.)
moss.jpg

mtenerum_onjavafern.jpg

Still no flowers on anything but P. fluitans, but there's a weird seed-like bud thing on the end of this red stem (??) of Hydrocotyle leucocephala/Brazillian Pennywort.
hydrocotyle_redbudthing.jpg

Very cool, seeing aquatic plants growing above water is very appealing to me, makes me want to give it a try!

This is a different tank (my grow-out -- I need to skim the gunk off the surface...), but here's L. "Cuba" going out of water, hopefully to push you over the edge :) Travis was harvesting stuff from his new emersed 20 long last I chatted with him. You need to get one going too Glen!
LCuba_or_PstellataBroad_lower.jpg

LCuba_or_PstellataBroad.jpg

I'm going to let the L. "Guinea" and L. aromatica elsewhere in the pics grow emergent too I think. (Just to try, and I am lazy.)

(edited for better pics.)

Back
Top Bottom