Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #21
AA Team Emeritus

"Morning roll call at local constables office"

Sergeant - Ok, get it together...lots of things to discuss this morning. I'm passing around the list of the USDA's Invasive and Prohibited aquatic plants. Memorize the list and keep a copy in your memo books.

Officer - Sarge, you must be kidding right?

Sergeant - Don't question orders officer, you are expected to be on the lookout for these plants in every home that you visit...just casually look into their fish tanks. If one is seen, throw the book at em', no warnings, no excuses!

Officer - But Sarge, aren't federal laws best enforced by the Feds??? I mean, we don't give summons to those factories for their emissions do we???

Sergeant - You're at attention Officer! We will enforce all laws, whether they are State, Federal or local, didn't you swear an oath to that or did you forget about it? As for the rest o you, get out there, find these plants and be safe!

Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
I checked with the DNR to make sure I could keep a cana snail before I got mine, since I know they're illegal in a lot of states.

I've never been cautious with plants. I've both shipped and received hygro. Even if the box was inspected, the only people who are going to know if they're looking at a noxious weed is the DNR, and how often do they go through the mail?

If you're really all that worried about it, get in touch with a local aquarium club or go to a fish auction where you could get some without having it shipped.

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plant, plants, spec, species

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com