Ewwww what is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lev

Aquarium Advice Activist
So the driftwood in the shrimp tank appears to have a fungus on it. It was presoaked and we briefly boiled it. Interestingly the fungus is only where we had to cut the piece to size to fit in the tank thus exposing the inner part of the wood.

I've heard a white fungus is common but will the shrimp be ok do you reckon?1485300386805.jpg

The starch and sugars in some wood once submerged create a white fungus like substance. Its harmless and will go away. Over you can take care of it manually. Shrimp will be ok.

The 'generic 'term is BIO slime!
What Fl89 said^^.
Shrimp and some fish may eat it. It is harmless and goes away but every piece moves at its own pace...

when researching why my water isn't clear I came across this.... intrigued (because I have slime too .. just not white/clear) I read up on it everywhere I read said it was harmless and would likely right itself. (although like any algae you can manually remove of it takes to long)

when researching why my water isn't clear I came across this.... intrigued (because I have slime too .. just not white/clear) I read up on it everywhere I read said it was harmless and would likely right itself. (although like any algae you can manually remove of it takes to long)
I've decided to leave it. Some of the shrimp seem to be eating it and I don't want to muddy the water... Literally ha

1485900586274.jpg1485900618807.jpg1485900646733.jpg

Here are two of the little guys chilling and the big guy filter feeding in more ways than one!

The bioslime is mostly cleared up now :)

Back
Top Bottom