Excel and Anacharis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

I have never had good luck with anacharis, but just received some nice new plants from Ebay. I have done some research and discovered that Excel melts anacharis and vals.

Do you think that I should discontinue the use of Excel, or maybe start doing really tiny amounts and build up to the regular doseage?

Thanks,
D

I planted some anacharis and within a week and a half they were gone. At the time I understood some plants will melt and wasn't concerned as there were a few new shoots starting. Then the new shoots died. After this, I read that excel is detrimental to anacharis. I ordered more anacharis and will probably not dose excel and see how things go. That said, I'm not sure how to proceed as I wasn't planning on CO2 tanks etc. I have fought algae blooms before and it wasn't fun.

I've stopped using Excel too. Some plants, like some fish (guppies) have always been a problem for me. I realize that I don't have the easy to growO2 and perhaps the lighting for many of the more difficult plants, but I have always read that anacharis is easy to grow. But they used to say that about guppies too.

Thanks for your response.
D

Back
Top Bottom