Excel Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish_4_all

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know what it costs from Big Al's and other online retailers.

What I want to know is what do you pay for it from your LFS or local Petsmart, etc. I finally got mine to order 500ml for me and it is going to cost me about $15.00. Compaired to Big Al's, it owuld have cost me $14.34 with shipping by itself so I thought fair deal as I only have about $25 a month to spend on the hobby anyway.

So let's here how much it costs you locally, I want to know if I am being really ripped off or if the price is fair.

That is a fair deal, even if they add sales tax. I have never seen it at any of my local stores so I have no choice but to get it online. I would also be interested in seeing what the local retailer's are charging.

I just spent 30 bucks at big al's for 2 liters of excel including shipping. So that's half the price that you paid. Point: if you are going to purchase online, buy in bulk.

Interesting. So no one can find it locally either. Oh, and 2 liters probably would last me about 6 years with just dosing 2, 10 gallon tanks. Kind of overkill for me. 500ml will last me long enough as it is.

Is there no one who finds or buys this stuff at their LFS?

I have never found it an an LFS. I payed 22.00 plus shipping for 2 liters from the good doctors the other day.

fish_4_all said:
Interesting. So no one can find it locally either. Oh, and 2 liters probably would last me about 6 years with just dosing 2, 10 gallon tanks. Kind of overkill for me. 500ml will last me long enough as it is.

Is there no one who finds or buys this stuff at their LFS?

Yes, I do buy it. What are you looking for? With iron or comprehensive, etc.? I have gotten it at Petsmart I think it was. I am not for certain though. I know the other lfs's that I normally go to stocks it. Have you asked your lfs stores to order you some or is it ridicuoulsly high priced? I can check on prices but what you paid sounds pretty comparable. I think I got 250mL for $7-8. I believe that it was slightly cheaper at Petsmart, but not enough to say so. Plus the other guys have nice fish so I would rather do business with them and become a good customer to them.

Just want Excel, I have everything else. If I ever need it by the liter, I am sureI will order from some online site to save a good $10+. Saving $2 bucks is not worth it to depatronize my LFS over and with the freebies they have given me, they deserve my business.

Oh and I doubt I would ever buy my aquarium products from a bedding store unless they are saving me 35% or more. I try to support the hobby as best as I can and that is why I shop my LFS. Without them I would have to go to a place I consider worse than Petco and Petsmart and Walmart for my fish and supplies.

Mods, if you want to move this, feel free, really doesn't fit planted tank much. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom