Favorite low-light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ketso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have just read this thread and decided to go with low-light plants. That thread only makes sense for me at my experience level. Thus, I ask you folks ...

What is your favorite low-light plant? Maybe even bordering on medium a bit. I would also like to hear about any unusual low-light plants that people have used, if any.

Elodea and Cypts lol, that almost covers all the lows lights...

I dont know, I like the cypt wendtii as well as some others!

I like several actually, including Anubias, Crypts, Java Ferns. Of these my favorite whould probably be the Anubias.

All Anubias species (barteri, frazeri, gigantea, coffeefolia, afzelli, etc), Bolbitis heudeloti, various crypts, Java fern, Aponogeton rigidifolius...

I like narrow leaf Java Fern, red tiger lotus (doesnt get red but turns a pretty copper color) and a lot of the different mosses like Willow Moss. Anubias is very pretty too.

One of my favorites is water sprite. You can trim the tops and use as a foreground plant until it gets too tall. Just a very easy plant to sculpt and aquascape with.

crypts crypts crypts! :D for stems, blue stricta and rotala rotundifola if you're a little further into the meidum light spectrum.

My Crypt Red Wendtii is my favorite, it grows like crazy and has gotten to be this big busy beautiful plant that is practiaclly maintenance free as far as pruning goes, just a leaf here or there. The tetras love swimming through the broad leafs and the cherry barbs are often hanging out inside of it....it is really cool. :)

It has been my best plant from the start when I had very low light and is still my favorite at med light. :)

Good luck... :) I was intimidated to start planting but I am SO glad I did. I love it and so does everyone who come to my house. :)

Back
Top Bottom