Feedback on my 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nippy Fish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is my 55g planted. I am a complete newbie in the planted world. I'm interested in feedback on my planted tank. Any feedback is appreciated. The tank was started in March with plants being added since then. I can't remember all the plant names but I know I've got sagittaria, sword plants, rotala, baby tears, different hygros, and green and red crypt wendtii. I use pressurized CO2 at 3 bps.

I have compact flourescent lighting at 5wpg on for 6-7 hours per day. The red in my red plants doesn't seem very though. For filtration I have an Aqueon 55 and an extra Penguin 150. I do water changes of 40% every 7-10 days.

Livestock is 1 angelfish, 3 pearl gourami, 7 tiger barbs, a large school of neon tetras, 4 emerald green cories, 2 yo-yo loaches, 7 otocinclus.

55g-august09.jpg

DANG! Thats a VERY nice tank. I love it. I always loved the FW planted tanks. Nice job!

Awesome tank Nippy!!!! Well layed out.. Amazing the tigers dont eat the neons though. I guess there is enough tigers to leave the neons alone.

I got the tigers as babies knowing that they "usually" will keep their aggression within their own ranks. Time will tell. If they venture out and get aggressive with their roommates my lfs is good and will take them back. The tigers are now juveniles and have never been aggressive, even with each other. I have some mellow tigers.

I like it A LOT! Great job. I don't see much in the way of "holes" personally. A black background might close any up though.

looks to be in the center just right of the gourami. just hard to 100% tell with that angle of pic. though sure makes dealing with the flash easy shooting that way.

I like it A LOT! Great job. I don't see much in the way of "holes" personally. A black background might close any up though.

I love black backgrounds, it's all I use, and it does have one! Because of the angle of the photo, the black background must be reflecting some light. Thanks!

looks to be in the center just right of the gourami. just hard to 100% tell with that angle of pic. though sure makes dealing with the flash easy shooting that way.

I agree, there is a hole there. In that spot I just did a major trimming on some stem plants for the first time so there is a chunk missing. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. None of the other stem plants have had their first trimming so they haven't filled out yet. I made the mistake of going with a 55 gallon tank for a planted tank, not very deep, and not very much room for a second or third row of stem plants, so not a very "full" look. Also I'm a newbie with this so maybe I just don't know how to do it. In the next 6 months I going to upgrade this tank to a deeper 75 or 80 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom