feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok I just got some new fish , one rubber lipped pleco , and some Ottos :cool:
So I know that these like veggies so I blanched some zuicuini . I pealed it , deseeded it , and boiled it for 3 min . but they just ignore it :huh:
what am I doing wrong ?
I am liking the ottos , as soon as they got in their new home they took off feeding on the alge on the plants ! I will bet in a week the plants will look better

ok I just got some new fish , one rubber lipped pleco , and some Ottos :cool:
So I know that these like veggies so I blanched some zuicuini . I pealed it , deseeded it , and boiled it for 3 min . but they just ignore it :huh:
what am I doing wrong ?
I am liking the ottos , as soon as they got in their new home they took off feeding on the alge on the plants ! I will bet in a week the plants will look better
Get Garlic Guard. Made by Seachem I think. Fish love garlic

Ottos and rubber lipped plecos are almost all wild-caught as far as I know and therefore will take a while to get used to eating things besides naturally growing algae. They should get used to eating vegetables eventually, just make sure to remove uneaten veggies after several hours to avoid them rotting in the tank.

Ottos and rubber lipped plecos are almost all wild-caught as far as I know and therefore will take a while to get used to eating things besides naturally growing algae. They should get used to eating vegetables eventually, just make sure to remove uneaten veggies after several hours to avoid them rotting in the tank.

ok thanks . Looks like I may have been premature . I got some ottos and the placo hanging onto the veggie :cool:
In fact they are tearing into it right now . I used a bread tie to spear the peice of veggie into the gravel . works !

Back
Top Bottom