Fert Recommendation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackwood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 45gallon tank with 1.75wpg T5HO lighting (both 6700k). I'm going to go with mainly low - low/med light plants such as water sprite, anacharis, and maybe a sword or two. Any recommendations on a good online place to buy plants?

I'm on well water where I live, so I assume I'll get plenty of trace from that, but I'm not 100% sure.

What ferts do you recommend? I'm thinking about PMDD Pre-Mix 1 lb contains 1 part each of Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Plantex CSM+B from the AquariumFertilizer site (used to be GregWatson's site). Will this be enough of the right stuff for my tank?

I also have a 5lb C02 tank that I'll be using once I get my diffuser in the next day or two.

Also, I have 3-4" of flourite in the bottom of the tank, and it's pretty much clouding up the tank a ton. Any suggestions on clearing the flourite 'dust' out of the tank?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

With a low-light set up you might need nothing. The most you might want to do is dose with a good liquid trace fert. I use Seachem flourish comprehensive once a week.

If you feel your well water already has plenty of nutrients, then I would just see how you go. If you get signs of plant deficiency, then look at it. Adding more ferz than needed is pathway to the dreaded algae.

spend the money and get each one. you can make your own pre mix liquid if needs be. by getting them all together you wont be able to play with them to get exactly what you need for your tanks need.

You probably won't need a full dosing regimine. Most commonly in lower light setups you only need a good trace mix (CSM+B, Flourish Comprehensive, or Tropica Plant Nutrition) and Potassium (K2SO4, or KCL aka NoSalt).

Back
Top Bottom