Fertilizer help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry to bug you all again. I had a question awhile back about carbon taking the ferts out of the water for my planted tank. Does this include potassium too? Being organic I am sure it does. Just wanting clarification.

Whether carbon takes out nutrients in ferts is a HUGE debate. Personally I've used large amounts before and never had any issues with plants showing deficiencies. People will argue both ways but I've never found it to be a problem!

I would think that carbon would remove fertilizers since it removes medicines and tannin's from wood. If it removes the last two things than it would have to remove fertilizers. Since it isn't needed unless you need to remove toxins than I would just leave it out.

Whether carbon takes out nutrients in ferts is a HUGE debate. Personally I've used large amounts before and never had any issues with plants showing deficiencies. People will argue both ways but I've never found it to be a problem!
Thanks Rivercats. Always good for advice. :thanks:

I answered you in your other thread, but to reiterate, the only thing that will be removed are chelated metals like iron or copper, and only for a very short time after fresh AC is put into the tank. Everything else, including potassium, will not be adsorbed.

I answered you in your other thread, but to reiterate, the only thing that will be removed are chelated metals like iron or copper, and only for a very short time after fresh AC is put into the tank. Everything else, including potassium, will not be adsorbed.
Thanks so much for the advice. I feel better about continuing feeding my plants now.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom