Fighting plants with peroxide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The boring name

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I am fighting BBA in my planted 55 gallon tank. Stocked at 87% well filtered. High lighting and co2 injected. Fertilized with diy root tabs and Api leaf zone. I still cannot win the war against BBA so I was thinking to just kill it with peroxide. Can I just take the plants and filters bars out and dip them in a 10 gallon tank with 1/2 water 1/2 hydrogen peroxide mix. And dip them. How long would they need to be dipped? And how do I clean them? Just rinse and tap water? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What plants do you have? I got rid of BBA on anubias by using a bleach solution. There is a good video to be found on youtube.

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Your starving your plants. High light and co2 require an extremely fine tuned fert regiment. You can spot treat bba with h202 up to 1ml/gal. I do a but more before a wc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Your starving your plants. High light and co2 require an extremely fine tuned fert regiment. You can spot treat bba with h202 up to 1ml/gal. I do a but more before a wc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup that's what I feared. So what other ferts do u recommend brookster. Btw this is the moss u sent me lol. It took off for a looooonnnggg time. But the algae of course came back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom