Film on water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snowfire

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a 29g planted tank which has been running over 2 years. Recently a film developed on the surface and each time I remove it, it comes back within a few days. It is a very thin film and is green in colour.
All the fish and plants are fine and water parameters are normal for the tank. Any ideas what it could be?

Iy may be from the food your feading or dgrease. I got a similar lookimg film in one of my tanks. I was told to use a bubbke wand and it would clear

It's probably a bio-film.

More surface agitation will help to stop it.

If you want to just remove it you can place a piece of kitchen paper (the stuff you use to mop up spills) on top of your water and raise it off.

I use a power head slightly raised toward my surface.

Jon

Thanks, I have my filter outlet bar pointing at the surface so have a fair amount of agitation. I'll add a bubble wand & see if that helps.

Snowfire said:
Thanks, I have my filter outlet bar pointing at the surface so have a fair amount of agitation. I'll add a bubble wand & see if that helps.

Are you injecting Co2?

If so the bubble wand is pointless as you will be dissipating the Co2 from your water column.

If you're not injecting Co2 then carry on.

Jon

Back
Top Bottom