Filtration and plants for my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

draX

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys

I have a 100 litre tank, I think thats about 25g or so. I've got two dwarf gourami's, a red wagtail platy, a guppy, a siamese algae eater and a clown loach. I want to add more pairs of fish ie another platy and another loach. I also want to add more plants (I mostly have floating plants)...at the moment I am using an UGF, but I definitely want to change that. I was looking at a Penguin 170, a Fluval 104, or an Aquaclear 200. I have had no experience with any of these, can you maybe recommend one or tell me if I should avoid any?

I use an Aquaclear 150 it has an adjustable intake, which is cool, plus the you can customize the filter media.
Only other HOB filter I have experience with is a Whisper that came with my tank, and I definitely would NOT recommend one.

I've had only 2 problems with my aquaclear: 1--pest snails and duckweed always get in the filter, 2--occasionally I have trouble getting the motor to re-start after I clean the filter, then I have to take the filter back apart and clean the fan thing. So basically I just need to get around to putting a sponge or something over the intake.

Back
Top Bottom