Finally a plant I could not kill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAGlocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I can, but seems like the only way I kill it is to throw it away. And this amazing plant is...riccia. I put some in one of my tanks a while back, now it has almost taken over all of my tanks. Today I got tired of sweeping it away to feed the fish, and tossed out probably 2 pounds of the stuff. got rid of most of it, except for one end of each tank that I left it in, shading the corner of each tank, about 4 inches out from the center. Like I said, a plant I cannot kill, and I can kill even those plants you dont have to think about at all.

Well that is great! Doesn't it feel great to have plants thriving under your care? :D

You need to think about posting in the Barter/Trade forum, and I'll bet someone will buy that riccia off you!

How do you have it growing? Assume it is floating? You can tie it to driftwood or other objects and create a "carpet" with it, and it is a very popular plant for this purpose. It is great for fry to gain protection in, as well.

Yeah I just keep it floating in my tanks. The Gouramies love it that way, and I dont have to worry about trimming it. Never thought of posting it, kind of late now...its dried out and passed on to the dump. oh well, maybe in a month or so when I have to clear it out again. But I have duckweed growing with it, so might not get rid of it that way either lol.

Yeah, really! Sell or trade that stuff. It's not a cheap plant to buy! 2 lbs would fetch a fair sum.

Back
Top Bottom