Finally! First planted Tank and Plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtd1216

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally got my plants and driftwood all set up. What do you guys think? My first tank, so i am open to suggestions or improvement :D

It's a 20g high, with eco-complete for substrate. No CO2 just yet, i'm contemplating whether or not i want to do it

Also, could someone help me ID the plant in the first picture next to anacharis?

Attachments

• 113-1393_img_377.jpg
    113-1393_img_377.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 15
  • 113-1394_img_106.jpg
    113-1394_img_106.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 23
Can't Id for you. Great start though! When taking pix, use a tripod and turn off the filter for a few.

jtd1216 said:
Thanks for the comment! =) why do you suggest either of those?

Your photos will turn out much better. Tripod for camera shake and filter off for timed exposure's.

Tank looks nice. Looks like your off to a good start. I cannot ID the plant either, I've never seen anything like it.

As far as the aquascape, your driftwood has a nice extension on it coming toward the front of the tank. That spot would look great with some java ferns or anubias on it. Maybe pull it further to the right as well.

Nice start. The plant may be Hygrophila corymbosa. Also a background taped up on the back of the tank will hide your equipment. Solid black or blue will make the plantings really stand out.

That is an odd looking plant, but I'd be tempted to go with savga's ID - some kind of Hygrophila. It may be emersed growth and could change significantly after some time in your tank. Keep us posted :)

Excellent, thanks for the comments and suggestions! I've been looking to get a background, i just wasn't sure of what. The black might look pretty good wouldn't it? It looks horrible with all the equip showing.

I think i also agree with you on the ID, after doing some research. The plant grows EXTREMELY fast! (roots quickly and height wise)

Another vote for a black background. And you could also put the temperature sensor inside your filter, or hide it somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom