Finally got some lights Now for the filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tntfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
HEYy guys its me again i finally decide to go with a t5 HO light fixture with some blue LED moon lights cant wait till they get here now i have another thing to investigate the filter i def kno i need a canister filter but wicth one would be best I have the 55 gallon and plan on making it a planted tank just in case u guys fogot :clown:

i have a marineland emperor 400. it's a hang on back filter. what i like about it is that it has 2 filters in it and i alternate which filter i change when its time. so i always have a filter with w the good bact plus it has 2 biowheels.

i look in to it i think im ganna get small a hang off and a canister thanx

I had a Marineland C-360 on my old 55g planted and it worked well and came with all the media. Eheim is the best IMO if you can afford it.

i have heard of the eheims sound like reall great filters

I have an Eheim 2028 on a 90g. Great stuff. A Marineland c360, Rena XP3, or Eheim 2026 would work well for you. I would just stay away from fluval.

thanx guys i think i either going with a xp3 or a ehiem

Any suggestions for replacement of a magnum 350 on a 55gal NEW setup (magnum came with tank)? I t has the hang on box dual bio wheels and the filter/canister/pump sits under the tank... or should i keep the magnum? Mine will be a FOWLR

FOWLR = Fish Only With Live Rock ... its a saltie thing. Just thought I'd clear that up. :) Sorry to threadjack.

Edit: didn't realize it was someone different there...

nickbme06 - you posted this in the freshwater planted tanks section. I'd recommend posting it in the saltwater section to get some better responses.

Back
Top Bottom