FINALLY! My ten planted..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys :) I'm planning on a pair of killifish and some blue tiger shrimp

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What kind of substrate did u use

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes killi's can be quite aggressive, just a heads up. I once had a pair of aphysemion gardneri in a tank with some pseudomugil furcatas. I did this because my gf was changing up tanks, and needed a place for her killi's. In one night the killis managed to bite the tailfins of all my furcatas straight off. (They grew back fcourse). But these fish are definitely hunters!

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Yes :) I added some pygmy cories and some cherry shrimp for now. I am thinking to add a pair of splendid, clowns, or australe killis- but not in a hurry. Waiting for more plants and everything to grow out. Maybe some Badis??? I know there isn't too much i can put in there without shrimp being eaten. Here is an update :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420911256.613442.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420911279.936192.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420911301.551822.jpg

The only thing I would've done differently would be to let the shrimp breed up more, before you added the fish. The shrimp will still breed but the population will grow a lot more slowly with fish in the tank.

But otherwise very good stocking choices ?

Did you get Cory pygmaeus ? I love mine. This is is the first time I've owns pygs. So cute. Had habrosus and hastatus before. Still have habbies. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420912391.773236.jpg

No Killis just pygmy cories that are smaller than shrimp. Does that still affect the breeding

Back
Top Bottom