Finally; no more plastic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
15921571_979fbba987.jpg

Before (also before I upgraded my lighting)

96295296_150a17161d.jpg

After :!:

This weekend was finally the time to get 'planted'. As you can see from the image ( 1024 wide image here ), I added lots of anacharis, a java fern (to eventually hide the intake - I think I lucked out on such a nice plant there) and a water sprite for variety.

Hopefully they'll all grow well enough that I can spread them around a little more; I'm looking forward to splitting that water sprite into another area, as well as adding a couple more anacharis groups along the back. While trying to avoid a 'plant wall' effect, I do want to conceal the intake and heater as much as possible.

I can't tell you how much more I like 'live' than the plastic I had in there; it's so much more of an attractive texture and color!

1.0, and I'm still using the default bulb that came with the hood, for the moment.

well this looks great and that anacharis will get even nicer .. when mine grew out it was finer stemmed and leaved :)

it is a beautiful start!!

watch out tho, around here we may get you so addicted you will have a new light and injected co2. actually I did a low light tank for 2 years and you can do a lot. pm me so I have a memory jogger and next time I trim my ludwiga repens I'll send you some... it takes just a little to get started and it does really well in low light.

My water sprite grew tall and sparse quickly due to low light initially. After I increase to 3.6 WPG, they don't grow up so fast and spreads out more. If you want to grow and spread the water sprite fast and nice, I do suggest that you up your lights asap. =)

i started with anacharis in the back of my tank and found i hated it becuase it constantly gets uprooted and the leaves tear off so easy.. lol. I use cabomba in my background now in my lowlight 1.5 wpg 10 gallon planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom