Finally ready for low light...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cJw

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my new hood!

This brings me up to 1.0 wpg and I'm ready to look into some low level plant experimentation. :grin:

My question is this - should I get plants in asap, to help prevent algae build up from the additional light or just limit the lighting times until the plants go in?

Also, does anyone have a good link of plants and their respective light reqs?

tia, as always ;)

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide.php
Ive had it bookmarked for a very long time..lol

do you have testkits for NO3 and PO4?

I wouldnt think that 1wpg would be a problem as far as algae is concerned.. it would be more of a problem if you have too many nutrients that are not getting used right now..
this might just be my opinion though..

Cool - thanks for the link - it was just what I was looking for. :)

I have the master testing kit, but there isn't a Phosphate test in it. :|

I do have some algae, but not even so much that it's a concern; now, however, with almost twice the light, I'm a little worried about it going crazy - so I need to keep my nutrient levels in check, understood.

Um, how? : grin : Not overfeeding?

it will be wise to get a PO4 testkit.. mine didnt come with one either.. AP's kit really doesnt have live plants in mind.. they dont have a KH testkit either.. the NO3 is there though! :p

overfeeding is a top source of excess PO4.. there might be a little in the tap water thats what a testkit is good for..

dirty intake tubes and filters is another sorce for PO4 as well.. If you do a search for greenwater youll likley find me going though the list and how to get PO4 down.. :p that would be in FW general discussion :p

Back
Top Bottom