Finally went pressurized (*pics*)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

7Enigma

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last Thursday I finally got around to getting a CO2 tank for the Rex Grigg CO2 regulator I got for Christmas (that's right....1/2 a year a go). I had on and off searched in the area with no luck. Finally my mom who lives about an hour west of me made 5 calls and had a 5lb tank for $90 (filled). Go figure....

So I set up the CO2 tank in place of my 2 2L bottles. I used the existing tubing which goes to a PH in the back right bottom corner of my tank. This PH has an air stone at the intake which breaks up the bubbles before they reach the PH so there is less wear and tear on the PH and its completely silent. This worked very well with the DIY fluctuations, and I expect it to work just as well with my pressurized system.

So here's a couple pics!

old setup with 2 2L bottles (you have no idea how much I hated dealing with these):

bts1.jpg

5lb tank and regulator (~950psi in the tank and running ~9psi on the regulator):

pressure1.jpg

line running from needle valve to tank:

pressure2.jpg

PH in tank with air line running into base (air stone on end of tubing)

pressure3.jpg

Setup shot showing CO2 tank and 20 planted, and 10 QT below (I have plans to either hide the CO2 tank inside the white cabinet or at least affix it to the wall so it won't be bumped):

pressure4.jpg

Final tank shot (you can see the PH in the bottom right corner, once the plants fill in from my recent trim its almost invisible):

pressure5.jpg

Hope you all enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom