Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Finnex light water inside

I've had my Finnex 24/7 light fixture for about 4 years now and I really love it. I don't do planted tanks anymore, but keep some anubius (can't kill it).

I have a strong airstone in the tank. The Finnex now has water/condensation inside it.

I posted in another section about some stink coming from the tank, but I think it was the nitrates and bad water quality.

Anyhoo, what I was wondering was if anyone has had this problem with Finnex lights. (I might imagine the answer would be no since no one has airstones in a planted tank).

Thanks for help anyway.

Old 05-13-2021, 05:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

If stink smells like rotten egg the problem is the substrate is compressed and you are getting anaerobic build-up in the substrate which can be a problem. If the smell is close to rotten decay - it could be food on the rim that is well rotting.
-
As for the light - i run multiple heavily planted tanks with sponge filters (equiv to airstone); i just don't use finnex light. My guess is the seals have warn out or broken and you are getting condensation in the light which will eventually cause it to fail.

Old 05-15-2021, 01:53 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake37 View Post
If stink smells like rotten egg the problem is the substrate is compressed and you are getting anaerobic build-up in the substrate which can be a problem. If the smell is close to rotten decay - it could be food on the rim that is well rotting.
-
As for the light - i run multiple heavily planted tanks with sponge filters (equiv to airstone); i just don't use finnex light. My guess is the seals have warn out or broken and you are getting condensation in the light which will eventually cause it to fail.

Iíve had this happen to my 36inch Fennex planted light and it did fail although my 24 inch is older and still holding strong

Tags
ate, fin, light, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com