Finnex light water inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schpanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my Finnex 24/7 light fixture for about 4 years now and I really love it. I don't do planted tanks anymore, but keep some anubius (can't kill it).

I have a strong airstone in the tank. The Finnex now has water/condensation inside it.

I posted in another section about some stink coming from the tank, but I think it was the nitrates and bad water quality.

Anyhoo, what I was wondering was if anyone has had this problem with Finnex lights. (I might imagine the answer would be no since no one has airstones in a planted tank).

Thanks for help anyway.

If stink smells like rotten egg the problem is the substrate is compressed and you are getting anaerobic build-up in the substrate which can be a problem. If the smell is close to rotten decay - it could be food on the rim that is well rotting.
-
As for the light - i run multiple heavily planted tanks with sponge filters (equiv to airstone); i just don't use finnex light. My guess is the seals have warn out or broken and you are getting condensation in the light which will eventually cause it to fail.

If stink smells like rotten egg the problem is the substrate is compressed and you are getting anaerobic build-up in the substrate which can be a problem. If the smell is close to rotten decay - it could be food on the rim that is well rotting.
-
As for the light - i run multiple heavily planted tanks with sponge filters (equiv to airstone); i just don't use finnex light. My guess is the seals have warn out or broken and you are getting condensation in the light which will eventually cause it to fail.

I’ve had this happen to my 36inch Fennex planted light and it did fail although my 24 inch is older and still holding strong

Back
Top Bottom