First 5 Gallon Planted Aquarium Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is the first day of the first time i've tried planted aquarium. Just planted. Wait what? haha. This was on June 06, 2008

View attachment 13966

This was taking on June 14, 2008. I trimmed down the grass so it would look it little bit better.

View attachment 13967

This was taking on June 22, 2008. Not much to say about this image I guess lol. I have added ghost shrimp though. Oh and I also added a black background.

View attachment 13968

When I continue the log i'm going to start removing the equipment for the shot. Just to make it look better:)

Looks like a good start. how much light is on the tank? You could try to get better pictures by turning off all the lights in the room except the aquarium, using a tripod, and no flash.

Oh and if you need to use the flash, make sure to take the picture at an angle so that it's not reflected directly back at the camera.

Great start.

Looks like a good start. how much light is on the tank? You could try to get better pictures by turning off all the lights in the room except the aquarium, using a tripod, and no flash.
I got a 15watt flourecent heat light. I use to have an iguana and he needed it. And it seems to be working fine. But i do have the actual light that came with the aquarium but it's not flourecent, just one of those short round ones that look like a U. But that one is 25watt. The 25w gives it a yellowish look though. The 15w is what is on there now and it is a more light color. And thanks for the tips, I don't have a tripod but i'll do the other things see if that works out better. Thanks.

Oh and if you need to use the flash, make sure to take the picture at an angle so that it's not reflected directly back at the camera.

Great start.
Yeah I have an angle shot in the album of my over view of my aquariums. I noticed the flash as well but I did the first on like it so I wanted to do the rest like it so I can notice growth better from the first day to the next. But yeah thanks for the tip though. I will problly start doing the angle shot, or just no flash at all.

These pictures were taken on June 25, 2008. One Flash, One Not flash. I have taken out the drift wood temporarely/maybe permanitly. Still deciding. I've added one of my Molly fry, the biggest one, to the aquarium. And when my dad can get the grocerys, he is going to buy a coconut and i'm going to make 1 hut for the this aquarium, and one for another one of the aquariums.

View attachment 13983 View attachment 13984

Close up on the Dwarf HairGrass. Also taken on June 25, 2008.

View attachment 13985

i vote for putting the driftwood back in. :) it's a nice piece but if you don't want it you can send it to me. lol

Well the only problem with it was that my little pleco always likes to munch on it and it would get wood chips all over the bottom. And it looked messy. So for now i'm taking it out. Maybe after I had the coconut I will add a peice of it back in there.

That is what plecos are supposed to do and it is really good for the pleco, I would suggest putting it back in also.

Back
Top Bottom